Info: if your yum fails ... server maintenance

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 30 00:10:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:42:01 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
[....]
>>selection page is actually affected and out of order.
>>
>>http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc4
>[...]. Please come back in a few hours
[...]
> Thanks Alexander,
>
> I fiddled around with the repo lists for quite some time before reading
> your message. I evenually went to a direct URL instead of the mirror
> approach.

Would somebody please explain to the technically challenged how to do that?

My upgrades from FC2 and Fc3 went fine; I did FC1, hit exactly that error,
and have been retrying ever since, for almost 24 hours.

Fwiw, I still have an /etc/yum.conf from FC1.

Up2date also fails.

Is the server really still out??

Or is something else wrong on my end?

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1&4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;