Custom devices in /dev deleted on reboot

Richard Burgan wc8j at raex.com
Thu Jun 30 00:30:19 UTC 2005

Howdy:

Using FC3 2.6.9-1.667 on i386 and am encountering the following problem.

I'm attempting to install a custom device for use with an Ethernet to serial
port interface device (Lavalink ESL).  The install process compiles a
loadable module, sets up a device using 'mknod /dev/ttyES0 c 247 0' followed
by 'depmod -a'.  Everything works fine until I reboot.

Upon rebooting the /dev/ttyES0 device is gone.  What can I do to fix this
problem?

Rich Burgan
wc8j at raex.com