tuxracer install on FC4

Ed Landaveri ed7tux at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 00:57:03 UTC 2005

I've installed the tuxracer-0.61-28.src.rpm. Moved the
tuxracer-0.61.tar.bz2  tuxracer-data-0.61.tar.bz2 to
the /usr/local directory. Then I ran the tar -xjvz
tuxracer-0.61.tar.bz2 which created the tuxracer-0.61
directory from which I tried to run ./configure and
received the following message:
[root at quipu tuxracer-0.61]# ./configure
checking for a BSD compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration
problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.

Please, what am I doing wrong? Or Should I install the
developer packages? I'm running FC4 which doesn't have
TuxRacer. I'll really appreciate any response. Thanks

eddie