Re: FC4 good new tech, bad legacy support

Richard Kelsch wrote:

Well, you should read up on what FC is for. It's for testing; if you don't like the bleeding edge, get off it. Use a RHEL clone (or even RHEL), or 'drake or SuSe or Ubuntu or something.

I'm running FC3 on a couple of relatively unimportant systems. I'd not bet my business on it.

Ah, maybe you should read as well. FC4 can't be a very effective example of bleeding edge in the open source arena if it can't run open source software without major surgery. Also, who said I was using it for production or even a business? I am using it as an appliance, and personal software development machine. Why shouldn't I use the bleeding edge?

Because you obviously can't cope with the bleeding.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au  Z1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au