Memory cards and FC4

Good evening.

I have a Sony Vaio which I ran FC3 on. When I inserted a CF card from my camera,
Gthumb would promptly come up and inform me that I had inserted a device
with pictures on it.
Well, I upgraded to FC4 and the previous feature quit working, I have to
connect the camera with the USB cable to upload my pictures.
It would be preferable being able to insert the CF card for uploads.
Can this be remedied? And if so, how?
Thank you in advance.