Re: yum - lack of features

On 6/29/05, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette insight rr com> wrote:

> I found out today when trying to trim down an "everything install". I
> tried using the add/remove feature and it mostly failed.

On a note for the future, you may consider shying away from the
"Everything" installation and going with either a barebones install or
one of Workstation or Server and then using yum to install the
software you actually need.

Personally, I use the Server installation and then install what I
need.  YMMV, of course.

--
Chris

"With the way things are starting to go in this country, if forced to
choose between being caught with a van full of pirated DVDs or heroin
you'd actually have to pause and think about it." -- Michael Bell,
drunkenblog.com