problem with internet connection when booting

Hello,

I am using fedora core 4 and I can manually connect to the internet with
the Network Device Control.

However at boot my adsl connection fails with the message:

bringing up interface SKYNET .... /sbin/adsl-start line 215 ... FAILED

I use pppoe adsl en SKYNET is my ISP. Can anyone help me with this
problem? If not how can i disable linux from trying to connect with the
internet at boot time?

Thanks

Jan