FC3 --> ubuntu --> FC4

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jun 30 13:42:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:08, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 08:45:21AM -0400, James Pifer wrote:
> > Doesn't seem like I'm asking that much out of linux. All I want is to be
> > able to use my internal laptop display at 1280x800 and use my external
> > LCD panel at 1280x1024. I'm not talking about spanning or anything. Both
> > displaying the same thing, so I can close my laptop when I'm at my desk
> > and use the external. If I open the laptop and walk away with it I want
> > to use the internal.
>
> I think asking to display the same thing at two different resolutions -- and
> different screen shapes -- is asking a *lot*!

I'm not even talking about at the same time. If I close my laptop
display (or boot up with it closed) I should be able to use my external
display at a different resolution. At one time I had FC3 working like
this. Windows is able to do it (and no, I'm not interested going back to
Windows!).

Thanks,
James