Some thoughts for the future

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:39:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:19, Mike McCarty wrote:

> I agree with the sentiment about diversity. No one size fits all. I like the
> way Firefox is more adaptable than IE. More of the features can be
> "customized". But you know something? Not all features even deserve
> to exist. IMO, tabbed browsing is one of them. Not the best feature ever
> dreamed up. I'd like all the features to be configurable, even disableable.
> It would be nice NOT TO HAVE TABS AT ALL.

Yes, I've never understood why anyone, given a decent windowing system,
would want any application to separately hide stuff that you should be
able to view and manipulate independently.  The only advantage I can see
to hiding things behind tabs is that it gives you a way to close an
application and all the windows it controls in one step.  Is there some
way to close all firefox (or OOo or any other application's) windows
if they were opened separately?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com