Samba on FC3

Igor Guarisma iguarism at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 15:44:52 UTC 2005

I did this once!!

I tryed the hard way (using the conf files) and
couldn't do it, then I try the easy way and it
worked... I installed webmin and configure everything
useing the website.... then looking into the smb.conf
and winbind (nsswitch.conf) that webmin rewrote, It
seems that I had to use a different group of users
IDs:

winbind uid = 16777216-33554431
winbind gid = 16777216-33554431

Those were the default range that worked from webmin,
I tryed others like 10000-60000, and I couldn't get it
to work....

so, that's what I know...
hope this helps.

I just tryed this because I read it was posible (Linux
and Windows 2003 Domain), but I'm not useing it, it
was an experiment, but it seems that I'm gonna have to
do it again when my company buy the parts of a NAS
server wich I will have to assemble and configure

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/FastStart.html#id2535778