NTFS issue

Yogen Mankikar yogenmankikar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:57:46 UTC 2005

I have successfully mounted ntfs drive, but it is accessible only to the
root user.
As a regular user I get 'permission denied' error.
What am I missing?
Here's what I did as root.

mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/C
mount -t ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/D

After making sure I was able to access both ntfs drives, I added the
following to /etc/fstab

/dev/hda1	/mnt/C   	ntfs    	defaults       	0 	0
/dev/hda5	/mnt/D   	ntfs    	defaults       	0 	0

Then I rebooted and logged on as a regular user.
Now ls /mnt/C gives 'permission denied'.
But if I log on as root I am able to access both ntfs drives just fine.
I'm a Linux newbie, any help is appreciated.

-Yogen
Fedora 4