Re: NTFS issue

Mike McCarty wrote:

Yogen Mankikar wrote:

I have successfully mounted ntfs drive, but it is accessible only to the root user.
As a regular user I get 'permission denied' error.
What am I missing?
Here's what I did as root.

mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/C
mount -t ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/D

After making sure I was able to access both ntfs drives, I added the following to /etc/fstab

/dev/hda1    /mnt/C       ntfs        defaults           0     0
/dev/hda5    /mnt/D       ntfs        defaults           0     0

Try adding ",user" after the "defaults". If you can mount your floppy, look at how
/etc/fstab shows it for an example.

[snip]

Mike

I have dealt with a similar issue.  Add umask=000 to your options.