Re: Killing idle SSH sessions?

Brandon Laing wrote:
John,

Could you go into a bit more detail about this?

Add this to your /etc/sshd/sshd_config:

ClientAliveInterval n

n=number of seconds (0 default for unlimited)

I'm talking about any kind of remote login via SSH, be it from a Windows or Linux system. I'd just like to find a way for SSH to kill the session after 15 minutes of inactivity to make sure someone doesn't leave an open session up on their screen logged into a critical system.