Re: FC4 good new tech, bad legacy support

Julius Smith wrote:

On 6/30/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram redhat com> wrote:

If the software doesnt work with either gcc 3.2 or gcc 4.x then its
probably broken. GCC 4.x is there as the primary compiler. compat-gcc-32
for legacy support. I am not sure what else could be done better here.
any ideas?

This has been working very well for me. However, it took me a while to figure out that I needed

yum install compat-gcc-32
./configure --cc=gcc32

It would have been nice to have this info in the FC4 release notes
near then end of the section "6.3.1. GCC Compiler Collection", or
perhaps in the "Caveats" subsection.

Julius

great idea. Kindly file it against fedora-docs and we will have a release notes errata

regards
Rahul