Linksys 54g Support - PLEASE!

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Thu Jun 30 22:31:39 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 30.06.2005 schrieb Albert Hawker um 22:14:
>

>>Isn't there a guru out there... someone out there... that can PLEASE
>>write a FC4 driver and config to support my poor little Linksys 54G
>>card that has been sitting on a shelf ever since I switched my laptop
>>to Linux?  And yes, I tried NDISWrapper once... it wasn't pretty.
>

> Please direct your request to Linksys and/or Broadcom.

To which they'll reply: we can't write drivers for Linux because the kernel
has no stable IEEE 801.11 core and its API changes on a weekly basis.

Anyways, wireless support in Linux is pretty much a nightmare. Only 2 to 3
year-old cards are supported. Not a single USB wireless card is supported in
the kernel.