libpqxx for Koffice's Kexi -- which version?

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Thu Jun 30 23:20:57 UTC 2005

Dear friends:

I am trying to solve the last stage of the "make" phase, where, after 90
minutes, Koffice stalled. I am told that this error message is due to
the pqxx issue. So, I am trying my best to figure this out. Here is a
list of my pqxx libraries:

[sher at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa libpqxx
libpqxx-2.2.3-1.2.el4.rf
[sher at localhost ~]$ rpm -q |grep libpqxx
rpmq: no arguments given for query
[sher at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa |grep libpqxx
libpqxx-2.2.3-1.2.el4.rf
libpqxx-devel-2.2.3-1.2.el4.rf

The question is: do I need an updated version of these libraries? If so,
please see below:

[sher at localhost ~]$ cd Downloads/Koffice
[sher at localhost Koffice]$ ls
koffice-1.4.0a          libpqxx-2.5.4.tar.gz  wv2-0.2.2
koffice-1.4.0a.tar.bz2  libwpd-0.8.2          wv2-0.2.2.tar.bz2
libpqxx-2.5.4           libwpd-0.8.2.tar.gz
[sher at localhost Koffice]$

What I would like to know is whether this is the issue? And if I should
therefore replace the ealier version of libpqxx and libpqxx-devel by
first "yum remove filename", then recompiling the later tarball version.
Will that work? Is it OK to do this?

Thank you.

Benjamin