Hard drive partion behaving wierdly, how do I diagnose?

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:36:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

A recent 'crash' of my FC3 took down FC with Mozilla running. My mozilla
profile is symlinked to a vfat (fat32) partion. Since rebooting, this
partioning starts of from boot as rw, but then some how, at soem point
becomes ro, that causes some troublesome problems. I've already rsynced
all the important folders I could recall to an NFS mount.

What I need to know is how do I go about diagnosing and hopefully fixing
the problem. Preferable what tooks that come with the distro can I use
for this purpose.

Thank you.