no desktop

Simon admin at thelight.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 11:52:20 UTC 2005

When I came onto the computer this morning I found that gnome-panel was
taking 99% cpu for no apparent reason. I rebooted and the system went
down and back up successfully. When I log in though, everything loads
apart from the desktop. It stays the default blue colour instead of
with it by right clicking (nothing happens). Im a bit stumped really as
I cant find any error messages anywhere.