Small Firefox Dependency Issue

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:51:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:16:01 -0500, David Cary Hart <Fedora at tqmcube.com> wrote:
> I noticed in the prelink log that firebox-bin (1.01) had a dependency
> problem. Using ldd, I determined that the problems were two files;
> libxpcom.so and libmozjs.so. Both of these can be found
> in /usr/lib/firefox-1.01. Copying them to /usr/lib solves the
> dependencies. Is this a real problem worth a bugzilla?

If the software doesn't work as installed and you're required to
manually intervene then yes, I'd say a bug report is warranted.  We're
not talking about setting up a configuration file or running a script,
we're talking about having to move the installed location of program
libraries.  That's "broken" in my book and needs to be bugged.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown