Reducing Load on Amavisd-new/Spamassassin/Antivir

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Wed Mar 2 17:40:48 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> The problem with your idea about tagging mail as clean is that "the bad
> side" will fake such signatures. So in general it is no good idea to
> trust mail header tags in general like mail body signature strings.

Alex,
	Thanks for the reply.  In your opinion, is it cryptologically feasable
to generate a signature system that cannot be easily faked?  It seems
that if rpms can be verified against GPG keys, then the same could be
applied to email.  Would this be sufficient security?  I do not know,
but I believe it is worth discussion.

Thanks,

Dale