USB memory stick list

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 13:22:18 UTC 2005

KokHow Teh wrote:
>       I have a multifunctional usb device which is an MP3 player, FM
> receiver and a flash memory. It is a generic device, a Taiwanese brand
> instead a branded USB gadget. It does not work in FC2 and RedHat 9.0. I
> don't have the error message with me now but if my memory serves me well,
> it says something about failing to switch the speed of the USB device or
> something like that. As a result, it is not mounted as a SCSI disk. My
> question is, what does it take to do in order to get FC2 to support this
> generic multifunctional USB device?

It would be *highly* useful to get the exact error message.

But sometimes, USB 2.0 High Speed can be problematic. Make sure the ehci
module isn't loaded:
rmmod ehci
lsmod
and try again.

And look for error messages in /var/log/messages.

And check whether you get any new devices in /dev.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Whenever [Richard I] returned to England he always
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | set out again immediately for the Mediterranean and