Make that "Everything" I've asked for...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Mar 6 22:57:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 16:18, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> > When I set up a new system for myself I usually choose an
> > "Everything"
> > install.
>
> If you choose everything, you get everything.
> If you don't mean everything - then don't choose everything, go through
> the package selection.

But 'everything' includes things that aren't in any other set.

> There already are some predefined sets, such as desktop and workstation
> - but Anaconda is written in Python, and the PyPsychic module that
> detects what the user really wants automagically isn't quite finished
> yet.

The original posted stated clearly what he wanted, and I'll second the
request.  I want one selection to give me all the programs because I
don't know without trying them whether I want them or not and I can't
try them if they aren't installed.  It is reasonable to assume that
many other people share that situation.  It is not reasonable to assume
that most people have a use for all known languages.  I don't see the
same benefit to trying them to see if I like them...

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com