Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Mar 7 01:20:21 UTC 2005

On 03/05/2005 04:32:18 AM, Brian Craft wrote:

> Well, I for one, run 3 linux machines at home on a network with a
> router NAT firewall (DSL connection) and leave all 3 on 24/7  365
> days a year.  I'm not worried about electricity, as I'd prefer the
> convienence of unlocking a screensaver and have instant access.

Me, on the other, I live where it is very warm in the summer, and I use
a swamp cooler to cool the house. If I'm not using my computer, I shut
it off. Helps keep the house cool.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a room air conditioner now that I
have moved everything into the small bedroom turned office - that way
when it is 106 outside and the swamp cooler just has no way to keep up,
it still can be comfortable in the office - but even then, you bet they
will be off when not in use, why pay to cool heat generated by what is
not being used?

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/