Problems with the installation graphics on Fedora 3

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Mon Mar 7 20:08:12 UTC 2005

I downloaded and tested the cds for Fedora 3.

When I do an initial install on my test computer, the graphics go
haywire when I get to the point where I want to choose the software to
install.  Portions of the graphics don't show at all.  Old portions of
the graphics do not disappear.  I reach the state where I can't proceed.

I have downloaded and recorded the first of the cds a couple of times.
Both copies ran through the tests on the test computer prior to the
attempt to install.

The test computer  has run Fedora 2, RH 3 EL, RH2.1 EL and RH WS 3
without problems.
It is a Dell Optiplex GX 110.

I maintain a dozen systems that run Fedora and about that many running
the RH Enterprise systems.

Is there a fix?