Any FC2 systems with Sound Recording Capability?

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 00:47:58 UTC 2005

Steffen Kluge wrote:

>Dave,
>I once recorded compact cassette tapes to CD-R on my FC2 system. I used
>arecord (CLI). It comes with the alsa-utils package from the ATrpms
>repository. Only thing is, that package doesn't appear to contain
>arecord. However, since arecord the same binary as aplay you just make a
>hardlink, and it'll work.
>
>The results were as expected.
>
>Axel,
>please include the hardlink in the alsa-utils package...
>
>Cheers
>Steffen.

Thanks for the input, Steffen!

As I do not "speak" linuxeese all that well, I'm afraid that I did not
understand all the info you provided.
I have not considered downloading and installing an alsa-utils package
that is an alternative to the one distributed with FC2.  Nor have I seen
anything previously that suggested use of a hard link between arecord
and aplay might be necessary for one or the other to work.

Could I ask you to elaborate a bit more on your link and/or the ATrpm
package?

The FC2 alsa-utils package includes both arecord and aplay.