Documentation for packaging RPMs

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Tue Mar 8 21:48:03 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I was hoping that someone could share with me a list of good solid links
that explain the process for packaging RPMs, including the creation of
.spec files from scratch.

I've been asked to create RPMs for some in-house software, but have
never done this before.  The only information that I am able to gather
is either 2-3 years old, or entirely too vague.  Even
http://www.rpm.org, the clearinghouse for what should be thought of as
the ultimate guide to RPM information, is vague.  Kinda bums me out.

If this means even going out to buy a book, I'd be happy to do so.  I
just need to see if I can get more information on this subject.

I've gone through a couple different .spec files from miscellaneous RPM
files to try to get the hang of it, but I just can't hack it.

Again, any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks.
-dant