[Fedora] no entries in /var/log/* - FC3

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Mar 9 14:31:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

thanks for the hint, I did a manuall (logrotate -f -v
/etc/logrotate.conf) logrotate and get an error

error: error running shared postrotate script for /var/log/messages
/var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/spooler /var/log/boot.log
/var/log/cron

But what causes this error?

syslogd is still running and the pid-file is in the right place

Regards

goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de