Fedora Core 3 (exiting the GUI desktop)

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:12:17 UTC 2005

jim lawrence wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:02:26 -0600, Matthew Benjamin
><msbenjamin at fedex.com> wrote:
>

>>Can someone tell me a key combination to exit the GUI desktop on Core3 and
>>go straight to command line?
>>

>ALT CNTRL  F1  will put you into  init:3

Ok, I just hadto say something:
Alt+Ctlr+F1does not exit you to 'the' terminal . It 'switches' you to
'a' terminal from the main terminal where your GUI is loaded.
Experiment with Alt+Ctlr+F<1 to 10> keys and you'll see what I mean.

You may want to experiment with Alt+Ctlr+Backspace to exit the GUI, i'd
try it now, but i'm a bit busy.

If you use the Alt+Ctrl+F1 method, use Alt+Ctlr+F7 to get back to the
GUI as the gui is on screen #7.

Peace