IIIMF under English KDE session

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 21:37:54 UTC 2005

Mingfeng Yang wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I think this must be a frequently asked question, but after googling for
>hours, I still couldn't activate iiimf by Ctrl+Space or any other methods
>under English Session.  (IIIMF works perfectly if I login in Chinese
>session).
>
>I add the following lines in to ~/.i18n,
>LANG="zh_CN.UTF-8"
>XIM=htt
>XMODIFIERS="@im=htt"
>
>logged out and then logged in, but it turned out to be a Chinese session. I
>use Fedora Core 3.
>
>Can you give me some hints how to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!
>
>yang
>
>// I apologize for my behavior of posting this email this morning to the list
>by replying a irrelevant topic. I didn't know these two methods are
>different. :(

Yang, I do not recall seeing any list messages on the subject prior to
your own.  I would take a shot at helping out if I knew anything at all
about IIIMF, but  do not have it installed on my system.  Perhaps
another subscriber with experience using the package will see your note
shortly and step forward to help out.

Some wild shots in the dark:  Activating the software from an English
session sounds like you are looking for a way to define a hot key or
keyboard shortcut.  Running the Gnome desktop, there is a gui interface
available through Popup Menu Icon (Red Hat) -> Preferences -> Keyboard
shortcuts.  I assume there is something similar in KDE.