Looking to upgrade my system. Your thoughts?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Mar 12 04:10:16 UTC 2005

Robert Spangler wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm looking to upgrade my system with the following;
>
>Asus A8V Deluxe (v. 2.0) K8T800 Pro Athlon 939-pin
>AMD 64 3500+ 512k 90nm (939)
>Corsair 1G DDR400
>ATI 9600 Pro w/128MB

I recently bought the A8V deluxe and an AMD 64 3000+. FC3 i386 detected
everything without having to reinstall (just moved the HD
from the old hardware to the new one and kudzu did its work).
FC3 x86_64 also works perfectly here...
As for your second question... No idea.. but I think that if you compile
using the necessary flags , the code should be fully 64 bit compatible.
In that case , gcc probably will use the extra registers available in 64
bit mode....

--
Pedro Macedo