nvidia TNT 2 Model 64

Francois Ouellette fouellet at idirect.com
Sun Mar 13 20:50:59 UTC 2005

>Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:36:54 -0500
>From: spmirowski <spmirowski at shaw.ca>
>Subject: Re: nvidia TNT 2 Model 64
>To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
>>I am failed at the Nvidia logo displayed then hang and the X server
>switch me back to use the nv driver. Now I give up. Do I need to
>>uninstall or any files need to delete ?
>>May it caused future kernel upgrade error?
>>Nvidia just released 7x.xx drivers the other day.
>>Download and try the new ones.  You do not need
<>to uninstall anything.

>On the download page, there is a manual for the
>drivers.  There are troubleshooting tips in there.
>If your problem persists, check out the manual and
>see if there is a resolution in it.
>
>Stephen

Make sure you edit the xorg.conf file (make a copy of the original first!)
before using the new driver as per the instructions, i.e. change Load "nv"
to "nvidia", also make sure Load "glx" is there. You need to *remove* some
commands if they are there, namely Load "dri" and "GLcore".
Best way to install is to boot and stop at init 3 (single-user mode), run
the script, check/edit xorg.conf, then re-boot.
Worked perfectly for me! I am using the latest FC3 kernel available. The
frame rates are a lot faster than the stock driver, you can see it when
playing Tux Race :-)

  François Ouellette
<fouellet at idirect.com>