Backups allowing individual file restoration

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Mon Mar 14 01:21:26 UTC 2005

I'm looking for an application that will create an image of a full Fedora
drive that can be used for either a bare metal restore or can be used to
restore individual directories or files.  I use Partition Image for this for
my Window boxes.

I've tried using Partimage.  It's a great program but it only creates images
of complete partitions and can only restore the complete partition...no
directory or file access.  It looks like G4U and G4L actually use Partimage
so I assume they work the same.

I don't want to use either CD's or DVD's.  I would like to backup/restore
either to another hard drive on the system being backed up or across my
network to a server.

Any reommendations would be appreciated.