[NNOT]Re: dns poisoning?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Tue Mar 15 01:28:39 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:57:41 -0500
Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com> wrote

> [...]
>
> from what I've been reading in E-week the last few weeks the sheer level
> of spam and especially phishing thats going on over the Internet, it is
> placing an inordinate amount of stress on existing DNS services around
> the internet. The biggest contributing factor to this added load is the
> fact that the majority of Mail servers are doing reverse DNS lookups on
> messages coming in - many are failing which causes the mail service to
> repeat the attempt until it reaches its break-point where it won't try
> any more for that domain.

Thanks, Mark.

I haven't dug up anything especially suspicious in either my Linux box
or the MSWxxx box.

The biggest complaint I have about Microsoft is that they not only ship
product before the product is ready, but they ship before the
infrastructure is really in place. And they take the profit home and leave
us to clean up the mess.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム