my yum update error

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 15 09:47:35 UTC 2005

Torben M. Hansen wrote:

>>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RPM-GPG-K
>>E Y

>>>That URL is for a Red Hat GPG key, not the Fedora GPG key IIRC.

>>>Paul.
>
> Sorry, about that.
>
>>Thank you very much Paul,
>>Actually, hopefully I got your reply.
>>thanks, I am going to try it right now.
>>Mohan
>
> If you have already done as I said, there is no harm done as you're installing
> the same key (and some others) by the method that Paul has told you.

You might end up with some duplicate keys installed though - try:

# rpm -q gpg-pubkey | sort

If there are any repeated lines, you've got duplicate keys. Whilst these
are harmless, it's irritating to have them and they're awkward to remove
(you need to use the --allmatches option in "rpm -e" and then re-install
the key you just removed).

Paul.