USB hotplugging does not work on all machines anymore

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 15 18:36:44 UTC 2005

James Wilkinson wrote:

> Have you tried all your USB ports? Occasionally, the ports on the
> backplane (near the keyboard and mouse PS/2 ports) work better than
> those on the front of the machine.

The scanner is plugged in at the back and is not recognized anymore. It
definitely worked early january (FC3 on actual patchlevel), and then I
used the scanner for the last time mid january. Now it is difficult to

> Try, as root, running
> /sbin/rmmod ehci
> before plugging the disk in. This downgrades the kernel to USB 1.1, but
> solves some issues.

I'll go back to that at last resort. My Olympus digital fotocamera e.g.
works perfectly, it might be connected through USB 1.1.

--
Regards
Markus