FC3 randomly crashing

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Tue Mar 15 23:41:53 UTC 2005

James Wilkinson wrote:

>Endy wrote:
>

>>I have been having issues with fc3 randomly crashing.  <snip>  Any ideas?
>>

>Bob's given good advice.
>
>Have you completely reinstalled since the hard drive problems?
>
>It's also worth trying to boot into text mode: when booting, get into
>grub's menu, press "e" to edit the appropriate kernel option, and add
>" 3" to the end of the kernel line. Log in and try doing a text mode ftp
>copy.
>
>Have you installed any third-party kernel modules? Which graphics card
>do you have?
>
>James.

Yes, I have reinstalled fc3 multiple times, and on both harddrives.  I
have tried doing the text mode copy as well, still to no avail.  I've
got a nVidia 5700LE video card with the latest nvidia x86_64 driver
(7176).  The memory has been swapped out and used in other computers
without a problem, but I have not run memtest86.  I'll give that a shot.