Problem to install wlan driver !

dev.loop at gmail.com dev.loop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:11:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:19:11 -0500, Dellacherie Stephane
<dellache at crm.umontreal.ca> wrote
> I have an internal WLAN PCI cards in my laptop but I do not succed to
> install the drivers by using linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1pre23 or
> linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1pre25

You did not mention, which card you got. What does 'lspci' tell you
about the manufacturer and especially the chipset of the card ?
How did you determine, that you need the linux-wlan-ng ?

> When I run "Configure", I obtain the following informations from my laptop :
>
> Build Prism2.x PCMCIA Card Services (_cs) driver? (y/n) [y]: y
> Build Prism2 PLX9052 based PCI (_plx) adapter driver? (y/n) [n]: y
> Build Prism2.5 native PCI (_pci) driver? (y/n) [n]: y
> Build Prism2.5 USB (_usb) driver? (y/n) [n]: y

This is no information you obtain FROM your laptop, but questions you
are asked by the configure script, you started. It does not PROVIDE
you with info, but REQUEST info from you.

> Linux source directory [/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.358/build]: y

This is no question, you can answer with 'n' (no) or 'y' (yes). The
script asks for the directory, where your kernel source is stored. If
you enter 'y' here, it will try to find the kernel source in directory
/y . If you want to accept the default
([/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.358/build]), you just need to press enter.

> Is-there something to update my kernel ???

Yeah. The easiest way to update your kernel would probably be to open
a terminal, and enter "yum update kernel" as root. Or use up2date.

Cheers,
/dev/loop