tape drive error

Eric Shibata eric at kopkefruit.com
Wed Mar 16 15:25:40 UTC 2005

Hi Gene,
Do you mean interrupts?
When I look at my /proc/interrupts I know I have other things there with my
scsi adapter from BusLogic.

          CPU0
   0:   70937522          XT-PIC  timer
   1:        200          XT-PIC  i8042
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  11:     368831          XT-PIC  BusLogic BT-930, uhci_hcd, eth0
  12:       4778          XT-PIC  i8042
  14:      90206          XT-PIC  ide0
  15:     212674          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0
Let's just say it was a cabling problem. When I insert the tape, it makes
sound like it's rewind the tape. Would it be able to do that?
This is my first time setting up a tape drive, it didn't sound like it
should be this difficult.
Thanks,
ERS

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 12:14, Eric Shibata wrote:
 >HELP!
 >I can't even get the status. No matter what I do I get the following
 > error.
 >
 >/dev/tape: Input/output error
 >/dev/st0: Input/output error
 >
 >Tape drive: HP SureStore T4i
 >
 >ERS

That sounds a bit like cabling and or termination problems.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)