Apache problem

Todd McCoy brownbay at brownbays.net
Fri Mar 18 06:52:05 UTC 2005

gaurav wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am facing a strange problem ...on  my web server  if I type
> http://servername/directory its automatically redirected to
> http://127.0.0.1/directory ....and not to http://servername/directory/
>
> I am getting lots calls from users :-(, this seems to happening out of
> the blue ...earlier it was working fine
>
> pl help/suggest (do I have to write a rewrite rule ??)
>
> Regards,
> Gaurav

Smarter folks than me might know a better way, but look at  this:

FROM /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

# UseCanonicalName: Determines how Apache constructs self-referencing
# URLs and the SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT variables.
# When set "Off", Apache will use the Hostname and Port supplied
# by the client.  When set "On", Apache will use the value of the
# ServerName directive.
#
UseCanonicalName Off