boot in a floppy!

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sat Mar 19 10:54:07 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 09:41 +0100, marcoc wrote:
> I booted from a Dvd, for the installation!
> I would need a floppy only for the bootloader, to access the SO, after the installation!
> In MDK, suse... I can put the bootloader in a floppy disk, here in Fedora I don't know how to do it, during the installation.
> With the bootloader in a floppy, I can access to Linux only when I boot with the floppy in. If not, I go with Xp..
> Hope I have explained myself.. Bad english..

You can use the technique outlined at:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg03394.html
to create a grub floppy.

However, I hate floppy disks and would much rather get the Windows
bootloader to boot my Linux installation instead, so that's what *I* do
for dual boot machines.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>