FC-3 Thunderbird Mail Filter problem ?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Sat Mar 19 13:14:45 UTC 2005

I replaced FC2 with FC3 [new install] seven days ago and have not been able
to make the mail filters work normally.

Received messages are dumped into "Inbox" but the filters do not run
automatically
as they have done until now? I have to run them manually with "Alt T,
Alt R."
That works normally but it's a nuisance to do, requiring that I select
Inbox
and then run the filters. I tried the later version of T-bird and have
reinstalled
the default version from the cdrom without any difference.

I may be doing something wrong but have never had a problem with the
mail filters
before this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin   Zunim Virginia