Linux disc utility program

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 14:16:44 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 06:24, federico silva wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 15:01 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > Hopefully at some point they will exclude those screen savers due to
> > these problems.
>
> Ohh, please don't wish that.
> If they dump Molecule I can as well dump
> Fedora without a thought.

To each his own. :)

Screensavers are IMHO just like ringtones on phones, silly and
relatively useless.  Not worth a whole lot of effort to fix, much easier
to simply not use them or remove them.

> The only problem I've had lately is that after
> upgrading to kde 3.4 from kde-redhat-testing,
> if the screensaver locks the screen it
> won't let me unlock it again.

So you like running known buggy code?  Kind of masochistic don't you
think?  :)

> The system log reports the screensaver trying
> to log and getting an unknown user response.
>
> Strangely it happens with kde's saver as well as
> with xscreensaver.
>
> Can't find the log entry now because it rotated
> already, but I am looking for it to start
> investigating the issue.
>
> Has any one pointers or is experiencing the
> same problem?.

I think most people once bitten by this have stopped using those screen
savers.

> Could it be that it is not a kde related issue?
>
> I haven't tried with gnome as am not very fond
> of it and right now I am too swamped into some
> other things to do much research of the issue,
> just disabled the thing for now.
>
> But I'll be back to it.

Good luck on fixing the problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

PUNK ROCK!!  DISCO DUCK!!  BIRTH CONTROL!!