[SECURITY] Fedora Core 2 Update: mozilla-1.7.6-1.2.2

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 02:47:22 UTC 2005

Christopher Aillon wrote:

> Fedora Update Notification
> FEDORA-2005-248
> 2005-03-25
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 2
> Name        : mozilla
> Version     : 1.7.6
> Release     : 1.2.2
> Summary     : Web browser and mail reader
> Description :
> Mozilla is an open-source web browser, designed for standards
> compliance, performance and portability.

> Update Information:

Is anyone else having a problem applying the latest Mozilla security
upgrades?  I have used Up2date to fully maintain my system.  Yet, in
attempting to apply the subject update, I am advised of a package
dependency problem.  The message reads, "Unresolvable chain of
dependencies: mozilla-1.7.6-1.2.2 reauires desktop-file-utils >=0.9

The desk-file-utils package installed on my system is numbered 0.4-2 and
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/i386/
does not list any updates.   How does one resolve the descrepancy here?