is fedora okay for people just playing around?

Matthew TCCMATT at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 26 23:00:47 UTC 2005

Hi everybody.

I recently got a new computer and I'm going to use my old computer for
trying out linux and generally experimenting on.  Although I'm generally
pretty handy and able to figure stuff out I have absolutely no programming
or professional computer experience.  Would fedora be way out of my league
or are there other people out there that are just kind of tinkering around?
(This is not a technical question - I'm sure my old computer could handle it
- I'm not sure whether I can.)  And if you think not - is there a good
beginners' basic linux?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Matt