Fedora Core 2 problems

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 27 04:22:12 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 23:05 -0500, nethub at gmail.com wrote:
> That's why I used the disclaimer "per customer request" - I would have
> much rather used RHEL.
>
> I don't know why I would need to reformat the swap partition if nothing
> changed other than the drive label.
>
> /dev/hde* became /dev/sda*
>
> I need to know what configuration files to change.  I made a
> modification to fstab (as shown in the original message) but that didn't
> seem to help.

----
customer request probably took into account that you have difficulty
seeing the forest for the trees

If you can't make it work manually, why worry about modification to
fstab?

Regardless of what /etc/fstab says at the moment

swapon command should work

if you can make swapon work, then you would know what to put into fstab

if swapon doesn't work, mkswap formats it in seconds

You could have checked out the suggestions that I made in less time than
it took for you to write a reply.

Craig