ndiswrapper killing me

Jan Morales jan at geezjan.org
Tue Mar 29 14:32:51 UTC 2005

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I'm running Fedora Core 3 on an HP zd8000. So far, so good. Except today I
> attempted to get my wireless card working, and I'm having some problems.
> ndiswrapper device wlan0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.
>
> What could the problem be, and how can I fix it?

I got a Linksys WPC54G card working with ndiswrapper, and I can tell you
that you will need to recompile the kernel with CONFIG_4KSTACKS=n
(default is y). It didn't work without this step. It's a bit of a job
getting the source and compiling it, but other than that, I was able to
get it working following the instructions.

Jan