Core 3 and sounds

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 30 23:27:05 UTC 2005

Chevee Dodd wrote:
>>>I have the GAIM sounds turned on.
>>>I set the Gnome sound server to "Enable sound
>>
>>server
>>
>>>startup" under Applications -> Preferences ->
>>
>>Sound.
>>
>>>What am I missing?
>>
>>In "Preferences", what do you have the "Sound
>>Method" set to?
>

> I don't have a "Sound Method" under Preferences.  If I
> go to Preferences -> Sound the dialog box that comes
> up gives me 3 tabs "General" "Sound Events" and
> "System Bell."  Under "General" I checked both boxes
> for Enable sound server startup and Sounds for Events.
>  Under "Sound Events" is a list of specific events
> that I can set sounds too and under "System Bell" I
> have both boxes checked.

I meant gaim's preferences--not the system preferences.  Bring up
gaim, click on "Preferences" in the login screen (or from one of the
"Tools" drop-down menus) and select "Sounds" there.  I use the Automatic
method and it works for me.
-    If Windows isn't a virus, then it sure as hell is a carrier!    -