Compilation of FC3 kernel

Torben M. Hansen HANSEN.Torben at nims.go.jp
Tue Mar 1 02:51:43 UTC 2005

Sorry for repeating myself.

I have experienced some problems with the fat filesystem module (see another
thread "Segmentation Fault when accessing partition") from kernel.org 2.6.10
sources. Therefore I have been trying to compile the kernel-2.6.10-1.766_FC3
sources.
However I receive errors like
fs/freevxfs/vxfs_kcompat.h:6:25: operator '<' has no left operand
unselecting the filesystem results in similar errors for jffs2 and apm
modules.

I'm using
gcc version 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3)
Using the same compiler on the kernel.org sources results in no compilation
errors.

Is it a bug or is there something I can do?

Thanks
Torben