MySQL Deamon - is it running?

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:07:16 UTC 2005

hey,

First check whether you have installed mysql-server or not .You can
check through this command :

rpm -qa | grep mysql-*

it will show u all the mysql rpms installed on ur pc.

After installing mysql-server.Give this command to create a root/admin
user for the mysql.

Note: the root user of Mysql is different from the root user of FC3.

mysqladmin -u root password yourpassword.

If you want to use mysql thereafter give this command:

mysql -u root -p

then it will ask for the password of the root(mysql root).

You can download mysql-administrator for managing the databases and
users on mysql .It is a GUI based tool and you will find it helpful in
the beginning.

If you face any other problem don't hesitate to post it over here.

Regards

Ankush