OO-html Export Problem

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:35:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:29:42 +0000 (GMT), Jonathan Allen
<jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk> wrote:
> All,
>
> Is it just me, or has anyone else seen a problem with the OpenOffice
> Writer export-to-HTML functionality ?  This is OO 1.1.3, in FC3, fully
> up2date as of today.  Click
>
>    File->Send->Create_HTML_Document
>
> You should get a file dialog which will allow you to specify a destination
> file to save a new HTML file.  It is titled:
>
>    Name and Path of the HTML Document
>
> Then enter a filename and click 'Save'.  I then get a warning dialog box
> saying:
>
>    Error loading document file:///name.html: /a2.html does not exist
>
> This functionality is to save a file, not load a file, so something looks
> to have gone wrong.  Is this a known bug yet, or should I bugzilla it ?

That's definitely happening to me, too, but File--Save As and setting
the file type to HTML worked as expected (although the HTML was
weird).

What does "Send" mean in this context? Maybe it's trying to do
something else, like take an existing HTML file, open it in OOo, and
mail it somewhere?